Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Tan Before Eyebrow Wax

Review: Bel: love beyond death, Santos


Hi everyone!! What? I bring you a review of a book I was very surprised. I had read great things about him so my expectations were high, and has certainly fulfilled. Yes, I must admit that I have not looked so perfect, but strongly recommended, especially for those who like the genre youth. To know more keep reading ^ __ ^


Sheet:

Title: Bel: love beyond death
Author: Santos
Care Editorial: SM
Category: Youth (12 to 18 years)
Page Count: 445
Binding: Paperback (also available in hardback with a soundtrack, the same price)
Year: 2009
Price:
€ 17.95 ISBN: 9788467538229
First chapter: click HERE
Web book click HERE
Web the author: click HERE



Synopsis:

Bel no longer recognize what was their world. All your loved ones seem to have become strangers. You have no idea what's going on, but is willing to find out, if I have to bear the consequences of knowing everything. Otherwise, you could lose Isma, the love of his life, forever.

sounds in your head chorus: I'll be ok.


Personal Review:

me begin by saying that I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. Not only is it very entertaining and tells an incredible story, but it is also tremendously moving. Of course, in my opinion is not a perfect book because I found that on certain things and lacks some other, not to mention some fallita and that is somewhat predictable. But we by parts.

The story begins with Bel visiting her boyfriend in the hospital Isma , who has both legs and an arm in plaster, which would not be very worrying if it was not takes more than a month coma. Bel does not know what has happened, but promises Isma find and go see him every day. However, when Bel go home is when you discover something really scary: is dead. And not only that, but most of their memories seem to have vanished as quickly as life he thought he still had. But if something Bel certainly know is that Isma loves above all .

What happened that ended it so? What happened to that Isma is in that state? Bel What can you do as a ghost? Why are you still walking among the living? Throughout the story will resolve these issues, but do not be fooled, because know the answers is just the beginning of a very good story that catches and excites the reader in a hopeless, so I recommend you find out for you themselves.

This book shows us a link of union between life and death, as some dead should have left the world of the living for some time but for some reason, they stay on as spirits they see, touch, hear and perceive the feelings of others, and without But they are only seen and heard by a few privileged people.

Within this context we find Bel , a girl of sixteen who arguably had a perfect and happy life , because I had parents who loved each other and loved dearly, a wonderful best friend to be able to tell those little things that we dare not tell parents, friends to have fun and party, drew excellent grades in school, she was pretty, and it had finally got the boy of her dreams: Isma.

Quote book:
- What do you think? - Asked Carlos.
Marian looks up from the notebook. His eyes are flooded.
- Let your daughter overflowing zest for life.

However, for some unknown reason at first all that perfect world has been shattered not just Bel because you can no longer grow and grow old with your loved ones, but because she has been the happiness that surrounded all your loved ones, those still living, and who do not see how it can continue without a it was a fundamental part of their lives: Bel own.

This book is tremendously emotional from scratch, which I can only praise, for the author is able to cause our hearts are sad shrug hardly know the characters of history , something I consider very difficult to achieve and Street Care Santos achieved. Of course, seeing the suffering of those left Bel ago is really heartbreaking to see suffering as a mother who does not know for sure if her beloved son will wake up one day. But not only are suffering in this book are also cowardice, stubbornness, tenacity, selfishness, lies, delusions, violence, hope, love and a dash of humor among many other things, resulting in a very complete book.

As for the characters not want to go into detailed descriptions because it would involve spoilers, but highlight the fact that Bel is taken really well and hopefully it from being dead and being a ghost , truth . She not only has a tremendous poise but thinks with his practical side of the brain, at least at first. Of course, or n fact that I was not entirely clear what Bel is remembered and what not , since it follows a pattern, and suddenly you do not know that December is Christmas as you know for a fact that in a library to find what happened to him ... but hey, let's leave aside. also know a major player in Bel environment and we can see how each one tries to move forward in their own way how they try to get up from a fall that has left wounds that never heal completely. And, of course, new characters will make an appearance gradually helping to shape the plot with its own history and personalities really well defined. Special mention a character that I loved because I was roaring with laughter at how silly it is and, unfortunately, did not have much importance as I wanted (which I understand, because it was that would be a pretty funny book XD .)

Quote book:
For him, the memory of his dead daughter is much more than that. It's a pain so intense that will never end, a gap so large that there is none can never fill. But there is another thing, a matter of survival: [...]. Want to go forward. Not as if nothing had happened, because that's impossible. Just as sad now an inseparable part of his body and had to learn again to walk, but always bringing it back.

The narrative is in third person, but I will say that there was a change that really surprised me after completing the first part of the story (consists of three parts and an epilogue) . Honestly I did not expect, and I must say it was great to continue reading the book from different points of view that offers Care Santos, because we know every feeling, emotion and action of each character in the story.

I must admit that the beginning of the third I felt a little heavy, but luckily back then. not say if it's because the story loses a bit of pace or because things were happening so predictable that I was surprised and I was not tired. And here's a negative point to note this book: is fairly predictable, even from the beginning of the reading one is perfectly able to intuit the essence of what happened to Bel. However, removing that part that I have mentioned, the narrative of the author makes us want to keep reading to see the outcome.

And this is another outcome ... to not get into spoilers I will say only that the author saves untangle the mess that mounts on the story with an epilogue , what This surprised me, but this time, evil. There are many things that happen that are left undeveloped, as the epilogue shows us how everything ends but not how to get there, and believe me when I say that many things that occur along the deserved history for further development. Honestly, that ending has me feeling that the author ran out of pages to write or not ideas, and opted to go directly to the end, which I found it somewhat disappointing.

I also mention an inconsistency quite noticeable at the end of the book . The book's chapters are divided by day and in the penultimate chapter (Thursday) is given a date for an appointment for the following day (Friday), when it actually occurs on a Saturday. And it would be crucial, a simple fault, if it was not the day that you remember the date (Thursday) we discover something important both that quote probably would not have happened had almost two days in between between discovery and the same (with an other day he was caught by the hair, but with two non-school). a pretty big bug with an easy solution , as it could have avoided simply by moving the discovery to date of the appointment, a perfectly feasible.

topic a bit apart is the style of the author , although totally subjective in this case. The fact is that there are plenty of paragraphs consist of short sentences, very short, which occupy as much a line of text (especially at the beginning ... either that or get used a bit) . I know there are authors who use this style of writing that I had not tried it, but I must say that I have not liked all, in fact I found it exasperating because sometimes I had the feeling I was reading a telegram instead of a book. is obviously everyone's taste, but I've been very clear that the books will avoid future dominated by short sentences. Fortunately in this case, as the story progresses, the sentences included other elements besides the point junction and followed.

Quote book
Shut down the computer. She strips in front of the mirror. She gets into bed. It takes nearly an hour to fall asleep. He can not himself the feeling that something horrible will happen.
That something monstrous about.

Special Mention for edition of the book. I have the paperback edition I have seen the hardback and is more beautiful as the outside, but not detract from the simple. And inside the book is really well kept, with a number of exquisite details that together with the history contained in the pages, make reading Bel: love death more than a pleasure.

The bad? Yes, despite what I mentioned above it is clear that failures are more or less noticeable but do not detract too much the whole plot ( except that outcome so disappointing ... ). But it does something that I found totally unnecessary, distasteful and rest a lot of credibility to the story (and bearing in mind that you ghost, you can get an idea). And no, I mean a certain incident in which an animal is involved, because that seemed perfect for the plot (though very unpleasant, but is that I can not see or read things like that, I do not like) , and may even have been treated as a scam (which I thought at first) . I refer to that which involves the same characters but it happens later. To me all those pages that deal with seemed completely dispensable, and certain things, to put it bluntly, a slut. The worst thing is that comes to mind, because I thought that maybe it would be relevant to the story, but no; only serves to fill in, to get more of a grimace of disgust the reader and know exactly how it ends history. Because yes, I think there were two possible endings, but this left me very clear which one was going to have the book. If the author had devoted these pages to develop the outcome of the story would have been a book possibly perfect. course this is also personal taste, like someone was meaning to that but I certainly do not.


Conclusion: a book whose strength is the way that stirs the reader's emotions and characters very well constructed and defined and a narrative that lets us know even the smallest detail of everything that happens, not to mention the story in general, by itself, is very interesting. With it we will see how the unconditional love that two people profess is even able to overcome the huge barrier that separates life from death, and the author gives us throughout the entire history phrases, conversations, memories and feelings really precious touch the heart. But do not be negligent as this book is not a bed of roses, as the plot is quite dark and even violent. It is true that history contains errors and a fact that you have left completely, but believe me when I say that even so, this book is worth.

Quote book:
The fond memories that a person left in the life of another is the best gift you can ask.

Note:


A Besuki and thanks for reading!
_

0 comments:

Post a Comment