Wednesday, March 23, 2011

What Does An Increase In Bilirubin Mean?

Review: Moonlight, by Rachel Hawthorne


Hi everyone!! How's the week? Today I bring you a review of a book that happened to me something very rare. Did you ever occur while I do not care what you read about a book because you want it the same way? For it is precisely what has happened to me with Moonlight. As the reviews gave me or what I should tell him that I was infatuated with the book. I finally bought it and I've read. The result? Read on ...




Sheet:

Title: Moonlight
Saga: 1 º Hidden Guardians
Author: Rachel Hawthorne
Editorial: The Factory of Ideas
Category: Youth paranormal
Binding: Paperback with flaps
Year: 2010
Page Count: 256
Price: € 16.95
ISBN: 978-84-9800-613-1




Personal Summary (no spoilers):

Quote of the book (the Preface):
was hard to believe that just two weeks before I had been laughing and laughing at the mere idea that there might actually werewolves.
Because at that time I, Kayla Madison, was about to become one of them.

Kayla is a young teenager who spends the summer of his seventeenth birthday working as a guide (Sherpa) in a national park, the one where 12 years ago his parents were killed. For Kayla, or rather for the therapist Kayla, she is faced with what happened at the tender age of 5 years in this forest is the best you can come to overcome the fears that lurk.

What your therapist does not know is that their real fear not born of its past, but something that is within it and it seems increasingly desperate to get out.

Thus, Kayla sherpas with friends and especially with Lucas, will take a journey into a world as fantastic as wonderful and terrifying, recovering by the way his past and shaping its future.


Personal Opinion (no spoilers):

The history tells us Moonlight is quite simple. It has many mysteries, as in the prologue to know what is perhaps the most significant. Yes, there is something we do not know and we will reveal as the plot advances, but as I say that you will not lose any sleep, and most of you will see coming. The book I would divide it into two parts:

The first part occupies more than half a book, and There would be the story as a love triangle involving Kayla, Mason and Lucas. If I had to classify this part with a couple of words, be elected boring and absurd. Although some things happen in this part to me is boring a lot, and I assure you mine has cost me to continue reading. may be due in large part because it was quite absurd for the feelings and thoughts of Kayla , not only with respect to Mason and Luke, also, but for everything. this love triangle I have not found any sense, except an excuse to take Kayla where the author wants.

The second part would be when the character in discord disappears, giving way eventually to the couple . This second part is improving with each passing page, it solved a few mysteries of the plot and finally giving details on the werewolves of the world posed by the author. In this part of the book have a more coherent relationship between characters, particularly between Luke and Kayla (as expected), and thanks to this the book has a decent grade , because the last chapters I have but wonder itself which I found very cute and I have left a taste in the end quite nice.

Quote book:
- Wolves only take a couple for life.
I swallowed hard.
- So you've been waiting for ... say ...?
- All my life.
As for the characters we starring Kayla Madison, who unfortunately tells his story in first person . I say that because their thoughts are a real mess, not because it was unclear, but because many do not make sense. Reading has given me the feeling that the author wanted to capture the uncertainty that accompanies adolescence in the personality of Kayla, but I have seen more chaos due to continuing insecurity contradictions that I found. Is a character in almost no time have I come to understand, and most things he did or thought , especially in the first half but also in the second, I looked for anything consistent and enforced. For example, the following quotation:

Quote book:
Since the death of my parents I had refused to admit any feelings that might harbor. Lucas scared me because, at his side, sat down again.
and feeling, she could be hurt again.
And I never wanted to be hurt ever. But Mason never would hurt me.

The appointment Kayla would be very emotional and very sad for us would not be because previously we have been told that he loves her adoptive parents and her friend Lindsey. If that does not harbor feelings is called, somebody explain. And, as this quotation , many other equally contradictory. Not to mention that reach some conclusion with a delay so incredibly big even for a book that when he finally arrived, I was even absurd reaction.

On the other hand we Luke Wilde . This is a good guy and very responsible, but enough to know a little to see her gentle personality, protective and romantic. is certainly one of the characters that save the plot, if not the only (as the secondary "Interesting" do not have much prominence).

As side draw attention to other fellow sherpas Kayla and Lucas, as Lindsey, Connor, Rafe and Brittany, and they are the guilty that I had lost my with the plot to read their stories, as protagonists of the following books. However, except for a little Lindsey, are not discussed in any of them remain as mere side. Regarding the third wheel in the love triangle that lasts more than half the book, Mason , I can not say much because I have not passed almost anything ... insensitive and retailer, shy and bold, intelligent and shortie, simple and twisted ... is a mass of contradictions converted into character. appears when you need to say or do something and me not have found much more helpful.

The story of Rachel Hawthorne is incredibly simple , therefore, along with the history it presents, this book will look quite appropriate for a juvenile audience. For me it would have a problem reading it if it was not the author we repeated the same things in exactly the same words and phrases, so many times I've had a constant feeling of déjà vu. And I do not mean just the description of the thoughts of Kayla, but there are also parts repeating dialogues. This is not anything I liked, but if it joined the dialogue, situations and conclusions forced on many occasions I assure you the entire story has left much to be desired for my taste (and I'm not the they have super demanding) .

The edition physically beautiful, but if you remove the varnish and luminosity of the letters in the darkness had cheapened the book, I would have looked much better. The content I have to emphasize a certain phrase that is repeated and gives me is translation error "skin patted the wolf" ... I do not know about you, but I guess with that I peeled a wolf instead of a furry, as XD are supposed

Quote book:
- Everything has changed. Now I know better. It is as if you had done an intensive course of Luke Wilde. I feel things you never felt before.
- Good things?
- Things that scare me. Pretty nasty stuff. What if I'm not what you think I am?
- You mean you're not brave?
shy I let out a chuckle and shook my head.
- No ... that's what
- Do not have inner strength? Do not have courage? Going to change, Kayla, but I'm not sorry for you because you are going to change, but everything else is not going to change.

The bad? Well I've already mentioned that and that I will not repeat, but I will summarize. I have seen three great evils in this book :
1) The protagonist, Kayla , which the author has sought to give an insecure personality and shaping what has become a chaotic personality that I have found the quite incredible and incomprehensible.
2) love triangle, which in my opinion entirely by its lack of meaning. Not because I do not like the triangles, eye, but because Kayla's attitude about it has seemed terrible.
3) The narrative , constant repetitions and contradictions which made me think more than once that the author had forgotten what he had written earlier.


Conclusion: a book that had it not been for that final so cute that it would have been much more pain than glory through my hands. A very simple story is not anything new, but it does have nice details and some other mystery. The protagonist leaves much to be desired, but there are side biting curiosity, and Lucas is a heaven and his eyes will give us answers that love. Ultimately I found a reading for, at most, hang out, but I warn you that the principle can be reached rather uphill. Of course, If you can get pass this part you will meet sometime between the protagonists really nice and romantic ... but to read something like this I believe there are much better options.


Can I buy the next book? If Kayla was again the protagonist would say a resounding no, but as another girl, Lindsey, to be exact, things change. While the narrative is what throws me back, the truth is that this book gives us a dose of uncertainty about the protagonists of the full moon seems to me I will not be able to avoid snooping ...


Note:
(I've had to think hard, because if I see a 2'5 somewhat unfair,
March 1 consider it a bit generous, sincere)

A Besuki and thanks for reading!

PS: I feel that I can go on preparing for a good batch of reviews of adult romantic ... XD
_

0 comments:

Post a Comment